The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development helps foreign firms seeking a location for their North American Operations.
- Location Assistance: The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development (DED) provides location assistance to foreign companies seeking to establish or expand operations in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Sites and Building Assistance: We work directly with you, real estate developers and agents to identify the best possible sites that meet your particular requirements.
- Incentives: We work hand-in-hand with you, outside bankers and the county’s own internal finance professionals to coordinate and package the highest level of financial incentives. These incentives can include direct financing, training funds, tax credits and technical assistance.
- Fast track permitting assistance: We help expedite building permits and related approvals whenever possible.
- Referrals: We identify local attorneys, accountants and banks with expertise in areas such as immigration, incorporation or financial services that will team up with you to expedite the establishment of your North American subsidiary.
- Cultural: We provide information about international schools, community and cultural organizations to help relocated employees enjoy their new home to the fullest.
- After-Care & Ongoing Assistance: Once your company has located in Montgomery County, we maintain open communication to enhance your competitiveness and growth. We will also coordinate programs available such as workforce training, financing, exporting, marketing and technical assistance.
For assistance, please contact:
Adrienne van Lare
Useful Resources for Foreign Companies & Investors:
Federal Incentives and Programs available to Investors
Published by the U.S. Department of Commerce/Select USA, this document highlights federal incentives and programs available to investors in the United States. Program, contact and agency details are provided.
Doing Business in the U.S. - Top Business Guides for Foreign Companies
The U.S. Department of Commerce/Select USA program’s guide to the top Doing Business in the USA Guides for Foreign Companies.
Maryland Business Basics (published by the State of Maryland)
This 15-page guide , for foreign companies seeking to set up operations in Maryland, offers information on the legal and tax aspects of doing business in Maryland as well as information on Labor, Workforce; Immigration, Visas; and Intellectual Property information