Montgomery County is a great place for technology transfer and commercialization.
- Home to the largest concentration of federal laboratories in the nation
- Close proximity to the University of Maryland System and Johns Hopkins University researchers
- Highly-educated workforce
- Home to 25% of Maryland's incubators
Montgomery County Department of Economic Development assists local business, entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors through its technology transfer initiative.
The Montgomery County Tech Transfer Program (MCT2) includes:
- Gateway to Innovation Welcome Center located at the William E. Hanna, Jr. Innovation Center at Shady Grove
- A monthly Speakers Series
- Access to local tech transfer events (see sidebar)
- Numerous partnership and networking opportunities
- Certificate Programs
- Innovation 2 Commercialization Conference
- Online Resource Center
If you are in need of assistance or have any questions about the MCT2 Program, please contact DED by phone at 240-777-2018 or e-mail.
- BHI Publishes BioHealth Entrepreneur's Resource and Finance Guide
- NIAID Receives Collaboration Award from FLC
- Omic Biosystems Commercializes Technology from University of Maryland
- If the Sky Were the Limit, What Would you Do in Technology Transfer?