Montgomery County is a great place for technology transfer and commercialization.
- Home to the largest concentration of federal laboratories in the nation
- Close proximity to the University of Maryland System and Johns Hopkins University researchers
- Highly-educated workforce
- Home to 25% of Maryland's incubators
Montgomery County Department of Economic Development assists local business, entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors through its technology transfer initiative.
The Technology Transfer Program includes:
- Gateway to Innovation Welcome Center located at the William E. Hanna, Jr. Innovation Center at Shady Grove
- A monthly Speakers Series
- Access to local tech transfer events (see sidebar)
- Numerous partnership and networking opportunities
- Certificate Programs
- Innovation 2 Commercialization Conference
- Online Resource Center
If you are in need of assistance or have any questions about the TTP in Montgomery County, please contact DED by phone at 240-777-2018 or e-mail.
TTP in the news
The March 2013 issue of les Nouvelles includes an article featuring the summary from a panel on tech transfer that the Department of Economic Development participated in during the Federal Laboratory Consortium's 2012 National Conference.
The Licensing Executives Society International has given permission to upload this article and the article source, les Nouvelles, is retained.