Montgomery County is a global center for Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
World-class research institutions, including the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Walter Reed Army Institute for Research, the National Institute for Standards and Technology and dozens of other federal laboratories—which together employ more than 49,000 people—are headquartered in Montgomery County.
We are home to a community of more than 350 bioscience companies, including biotech leaders AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline, and five hospitals.
Innovative industry-driven partnerships support the unique needs of bioscience companies including access to specialized facilities, funding, key players in the industry, and higher education resources.
Notable Bio/Health Companies in Montgomery County:
- United Therapeutics
- Advanced Bioscience Laboratories
- U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention
- Adventist Healthcare/Hospitals
- Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Montgomery General Hospital
- Local Biotech Investment Tax Credit
- BioHealth Innovation, Inc.
- Montgomery County BioSciences Strategy
- Montgomery County Biotech Companies Database
- BioMaryland Center
- Johns Hopkins University, Montgomery County Campus
- Montgomery County Tech Transfer Connection
- National Institutes of Health
- Food and Drug Administration
- The United States Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases
- National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
For more information, e-mail Janis Pitts.